Emergency Announcements

Make sure sump pumps are going to the storm sewer and not going down the sanitary sewer.

Sign up for BV 911 text alerts

Lakeside residents please help monitor park areas for vandalism. There has been problems with Port-a-Pot damage and flower destruction. Please call the Sheriff (Sheriff’s Non- Emergent Phone Number 712-749-2530) or City Hall (City Hall’s phone number 712-732-6601) if you see anything suspicious. Or call 911 if immediate or urgent attention is needed.

Dog licenses are available and are mandatory per city ordinance.


ACH for bill paying is now available.

All recyclable bins must be the large bin.



Annoyance or Disturbance Ordinance

Lakeside does have a city ordinance for annoyances or disturbances, which means that any citizen raising the complaint can take legal action.
Lakeside has been proud of being very tolerant of its citizens and have a “Live And Let Live” attitude. This is just a matter of being respectful and courteous of your neighbors, and usually works very well.
The main complaint seems to be about dogs barking. Lakeside does have an ordinance
and it reads as follows:
10.07 ANNOYANCE OR DISTURBANCE It shall be unlawful for the owner of a dog to allow or permit such dog to cause serious annoyance or disturbance to any person or persons by frequent and habitual howling, yelping, barking, or otherwise: or, by running after or chasing persons, bicycles, automobiles or other vehicles.